Treaty for Everyone – a day to learn about the Treaty of Waitangi
Saturday 23 September 2017
9:00am – 4:30pm
59B Kitemoana Street
Cost (to cover workshop materials): $20
On Election Day 2017, join us at one of the most beautiful locations in Auckland, Ōrākei Marae to find out the origins of our present system of Government.
- Explore the history of the Treaty of Waitangi, NZ’s founding document.
- Discover what the Treaty means in New Zealand society today.
- Learn what the Treaty actually says, and what happened after it was signed.
- Practice responding to job interview questions about the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Hear the history of the Ngāti Whātua people and of the founding of Auckland.
The day begins at 9:00 am with a traditional welcome and a talk with elder, Bob Hawke of Ōrākei Marae.
Bring: Some food to contribute for a shared lunch.
Phone: 09 625 2440
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/111316266248756